Magic Missile is one of the most iconic D&D spells, and it just so happens that in Baldur’s Gate 3, it can be one of the most potent damage-dealing spells if set correctly. In Baldur’s Gate 3, Sorcerer Wizard Multiclass Build is the best class to pull this off.
The main component of this build will be the items we will be using and the level distribution between Sorcerer and Wizard classes. All the items used for this build will complement each other and make sure each Magic Missile will apply as much additional damage as possible.
First, we will look at how to level our Sorcerer Wizard multiclass build and then which items to take.
We will build a character of 10 levels in Wizard, 1 levels in Sorcerer, and 1 levels in Cleric. You can use the links below to scroll down to the relevant section. The level progression will look like this:
- Starting Ability Points: STR 10, DEX 16, CON 14, INT 16, WIS 8, CHA 10 (link)
- Character level 1: Sorcerer level 1 – Subclass: Storm Sorcery (link) – we start with Sorcerer to get our CON proficiency to concentration – we also get tempestuous Magic to fly and get more survivability
- Character level 2: Cleric level 1 – Subclass: Light Domain; Cantrip: Guidance; Spell: Sanctuary; Subclass Feature: Warding Flare (link)
- Character level 3: Wizard level 1– Spell: Magic Missile is a core spell (link)
- Character level 4: Wizard level 2– Subclass: Evocation; Spells: Shield, False Life (link)
- Character level 5: Wizard level 3– Spell: Misty Step, Hold Person (link)
- Character level 6: Wizard level 4 – Feat: Ability Improvement +2 INT(link)
- Character level 7: Wizard level 5 – Spell: Haste, Counterspell (link)
- Character level 8: Wizard level 6 – Spell: Animate Dead, Blur (link)
- Character level 9: Wizard level 7 – Spell: Lightning Bolt, Fireball (link)
- Character level 10: Wizard level 8 – Spell: Slow; Feat: Dual Wielder so we can wear our two core weapons for this build (link)
- Character level 11: Wizard level 9 – Spell: Confusion for crowd control, Conjure elemental (link)
- Character level 12: Wizard level 10 – Subclass Feature: Empowered Evocation (core feature for the build); Spell: Greater Invisibility for defense (link)
If you want to try another similar build that is extremely strong, I suggest you check out my BG3 Warlock Sorcerer Multiclass build.
Go to the item build section.
Warlock/Sorcerer Multiclass Build – Level by Level
Starting Ability Points
You should start the build with ability points of STR 10, DEX 16, CON 14, INT 16, WIS 8, CHA 10 .
Character lvl 1 – Sorcerer lvl 1
- Subclass Storm Sorcery so you can get Tempestuous Magic ability to fly
Character lvl 2 – Cleric lvl 1
- Select Light Domain to get Warding Flare for survivability.
- For spells, take Sanctuary.
- For cantrips, take Guidance.
Character lvl 3 – Wizard lvl 1
- Let us take our core spell for this build, Magic Missile
Character lvl 4 – Wizard lvl 2
- Take the Evocation Wizard subclass
- Spells: Shield and False Life
Character lvl 5 – Wizard lvl 3
- Spell: Misty Step, Hold Person
Character lvl 6 – Wizard lvl 4
- Feat: Ability Improvement +2 INT
Character lvl 7 – Wizard lvl 5
- Spell: Haste & Counterspell
Character lvl 8 – Wizard lvl 6
- Spell: Animate Dead & Blur
Character lvl 9 – Wizard lvl 7
- Spell: Fireball
- Spell: Lightning Bolt
Character lvl 10 – Wizard lvl 8
- Spell: Slow;
- Feat: Dual Wielder so we can wear our two core weapons for this build – Phalar Aluve and Markoheshkir
Character lvl 11 – Wizard lvl 9
- Spell: Confusion for crowd control, Conjure elemental
Character lvl 12 – Wizard lvl 10
- Subclass Feature: Empowered Evocation (core feature for the build) as this will add you INT modifier to each Magic Missle fired.
- Spell: Greater Invisibility for defense
Sorcerer Wizard Magic Missile Item Build for Maximum Damage
- Callous Glow Ring – a core item of the build – added damage to each Magic Missile.
- Coruscation Ring – a core item of the build – great synergy with Callous Glow Ring
- Spellcrux Amulet – use it to restore your level 6 spell slot.
- Spellmight Gloves – a core item of the build – deal an additional 1d8 damage, but since Magic Missiles always hit, you can disregard the penalty! So only pros, no cons 🙂
- Phalar Aluve – a core item of the build – use its Shrieking Melody ability to deal more damage per each Magic Missile. Phalar Aluve can be found in the Underdark in Act 1 – pull it out of a stone.
- Markoheshkir – a core item of the build – you should be dual-wielding it with Phalar Aluve. Markoheshkir will give you Arcane Battery so you can cast your level 6 Magic Missile spells again.
But that is not all. For this build, we will be using Markoheshkir’s spell called Kereska’s Favourite. Bolts of Doom, in particular to deal additional damage via the lightning charge stacks.
- Hood Of The Weave – increases Spell Save DC – great for Crowd control spells like Hold Person
- Cloak Of The Weave – increases Spell Save DC – great for Crowd control spells like Hold Person.
- Robe Of The Weave – increases Spell Save DC – great for Crowd control spells like Hold Person.
I hope you enjoy the Magic Missile build, and let me know in the comments if there is something I missed that makes this build even better.