Today, we are looking at one of the strongest multiclass builds in Baldurs Gate 3, the Monk Rogue Multiclass build. With Haste (2 actions), Bloodlust potion (1 action), and 2 bonus actions under the Mind Sanctuary Illithid power, you can perform 5×2=10 attacks in a turn!
We will build a character of 8 levels in Monk & 4 levels in Rogue Thief. You can use the links below to scroll down to the relevant section. The level progression will look like this:
- Starting Ability Points: STR 16, DEX 13, CON 12, INT 8, WIS 16, CHA 10 (link)
- Character level 1: Monk level 1 (link)
- Character level 2: Monk level 2 (link)
- Character level 3: Monk level 3– Subclass: Way of the Open Hand (link)
- Character level 4: Monk level 4– Feat: Ability Improvement +2 STR (link)
- Character level 5: Monk level 5– Extra Attack, Stunning Strike (link)
- Character level 6: Rogue level 1 – Abilities: Stealth, Sleight of Hand (link)
- Character level 7: Rogue level 2 – Cunning Action: Hide, Dash, Disengage (link)
- Character level 8: Rogue level 3 – Subclass: Thief – Fast Hands – gain an additional bonus action(link)
- Character level 9: Rogue level 4 – Feat: Tavern Brawler +1 STR (link)
- Character level 10: Monk level 6 – Subclass Features: Manifestation of Body, Mind, Soul (link)
- Character level 11: Monk level 7 – Class Feature: Evasion (link)
- Character level 12: Monk level 8 – Feat: Ability Improvement +1 STR +1 DEX (link)
If you want to try another similar build that is extremely strong, I suggest you check out my BG3 Warlock Sorcerer Multiclass build.
Go to the item build section.
Monk/Rogue Multiclass Build – Level by Level
Starting Ability Points
You should start the build with ability points of STR 16, DEX 13, CON 12, INT 8, WIS 16, CHA 10.
Character lvl 1 – Monk lvl 1
At Monk level 1, we get Flurry of Blows that will serve as a main skill for a while.
Character lvl 2 – Monk lvl 2
At Monk level 2, we get some nice Monk Actions: Patient Defence, Step of The Wind: Dash, Step of The Wind: Disengage.
Character lvl 3 – Monk lvl 3
At Monk level 3, we get to choose our subclass. Thake the subclass Way of the Open Hand. We will get our 3 Flurry of Blows: Topple, Stagger, Push.
Character lvl 4 – Monk lvl 4
At Monk level 4, we will get our Feat – take Ability Improvement +2 STR.
Character lvl 5 – Monk lvl 5
At Monk level 5 we will get an extra attack per action and also Stunning Strike Action (melee and range).
Character lvl 6 – Rogue lvl 1
At character level 6, we will multiclass into Rogue and get Abilities: Stealth, Sleight of Hand.
Character lvl 7 – Rogue lvl 2
At Rogue level 2 we get Cunning Action: Hide, Dash, Disengage.
Character lvl 8 – Rogue lvl 3
At Rogue level 3 we finally get what we’ve all been waiting for – we take the Thief Subclass and therefore acquire the Fast Hand Feature – giving us one extra bonus action per turn. That goes great with Monk as it allows us to perform another Flurry of Blows!
Character lvl 9 – Rogue lvl 4
At Rogue level 4, we get another feat and this time, we will choose the Tavern Brawler feat. It will give enable us to use our strength modifier in addition to our damage and attack rolls. We will also be able to increase our STR +1.
Character lvl 10 – Monk lvl 6
At character level 10, we will continue leveling up our Monk to level 6 and get Subclass Features: Manifestation of Body, Mind, Soul – this will give us even more elemental damage to our unarmed attacks.
Character lvl 11 – Monk lvl 7
At Monk level 7 we get a Class Feature: Evasion, making us more resilient to certain spells.
Character lvl 12 – Monk lvl 8
And finally at Monk level 8 we will take another Ability Improvement +1 STR +1 DEX.
Monk Rogue Multiclass Item Build
- Boots of Uninhibited Kushigo – deal additional damage equal to the Wisdom modifier with unarmed attacks
- Gloves of Soul Catching – unarmed attacks deal an additional 1-10 Force damage
- Amulet of Branding – make the enemy vulnerable to your attacks
- Vest of Soul Rejuvenation – healing and unarmed counter-reaction
I hope you enjoy the Monk Rogue Multiclass build, and let me know in the comments if there is something I missed that makes this build even better.