Hey, there fellow Mac users and passionate WoW gamers! Are you struggling to download and install World of Warcraft on your Mac computer? Fear not, as I have the solution to your problem! In this article, I will guide you through the step-by-step process of downloading and installing World of Warcraft on your Mac.
This guide will be focused on and optimized for Apple Silicon Macs. The guide demonstrates how to download World of Warcraft, and how to get it working on Apple Silicon hardware. World of Warcraft is one of the very first games that were optimized for the native Apple Silicon Mac, which is why it runs great even on the base M1 hardware.
The guide emphasizes the importance of Apple Silicon hardware optimization because it is one of the few games from Blizzard that is actually optimized for native M1 or M2 Macs, requiring no kind of translation.
You can use the following links to scroll to the section of the article you need:
- How to download WoW on Mac?
- How to install WoW on MAC? (Video Guide)
- How to download WoW Classic on Mac?
- How to install WoW Classic on MAC? (Video Guide)
How to download WoW on Mac?
STEP 1. Go to the Battle.net website and click on the “Download Battle.net” button
To download and install World of Warcraft on an Apple Silicon Mac, the first step is to go to the Battle.net website and click on the “Download Battle.net” button.
STEP 2. Allow downloads from Blizzard.com and download the Battle.net setup file.
To start the download you will need to press the allow button, telling MAC that you trust this file.
STEP 3. Open Finder, go to the Downloads folder and double-click on the Battle.net setup file.
After the download is complete you will see a Battle.net-Setup file in the downloads or your default download location. With this, you are all set to start the installation process.
To see how to install World of Warcraft on MAC you can watch the video in the next section.
How to install WoW on MAC?
After allowing downloads from Blizzard.com, the Battle.net setup will be downloaded and saved to the downloads folder. You can now follow these simple steps to complete the installation or watch the full video below on how to install WoW on MAC.
- Open Finder, go to the Downloads folder and double-click on the Battle.net setup file.
- Follow the prompts to install Battle.net on your Mac.
- Log in with your Battle.net account or create a new one.
- Once Battle.net is installed, find the “World of Warcraft” game in the “All Games” section of the launcher.
- If you don’t already have World of Warcraft, purchase it from the shop and add it to your account.
- Click the “Install” button to start the installation process.
- Wait for the installation to complete (requires 78GB of storage space).
- Click the “Play” button to launch World of Warcraft.
- Log in to one of the game servers and agree to the social contract.
- Access the frame rate by pressing “Ctrl + R”.
- Enjoy playing World of Warcraft on your Apple Silicon Mac!
How to download WoW Classic on Mac?
To download WoW Classic on MAC you need to follow the same download steps as for the Word of Warcraft Retail version:
- STEP 1. Go to the Battle.net website and click on the “Download Battle.net” button
- STEP 2. Allow downloads from Blizzard.com and download the Battle.net setup file.
- STEP 3. Open Finder, go to the Downloads folder, and double-click on the Battle.net setup file.
The WOW client is the same for both WOW Classic and WOW retail. After installation, you can select the version of the game you want to play as shown in the image below.
How to install WoW Classic on MAC?
To install World of Warcraft Classic you need that standard World of Warcraft already installed. If you don’t have it installed yet, you can check out the section above on How to install WoW on MAC?
After that, it is as simple as selecting World of Warcraft Classic and clicking the button install. See the image below.
If you get lost in the process you can watch the video below that guides you on how to Install Word of Warcraft Classic.
In conclusion, downloading and installing World of Warcraft Retail and its vanilla classic version on a Mac can be easily accomplished by following a few simple steps as described in the article. In addition to the steps above, you also need to ensure that your MAC meets the minimum system requirements for the game. Additionally, users can download and install addons to enhance their gameplay experience. Popular add-ons include DBM, Recount, and WeakAuras, but that is a topic for another article 🙂