Tablets are a very useful device. They are one of the best modern-day tools and we can hardly go without them. They are very practical and easy to use. It is always cool to have a tablet in your inventory. There are always tasks that can’t be done with a phone, but setting up your laptop or PC might seem inconvenient. Tablet is a nice middleground device that deals with tasks like that. Therefore, this article is about the best tablet for reading and web browsing.
Many people enjoy reading different books, articles, and other material. Well, a tablet is a nice way of enhancing this part of your life. You can simply download a book or any other reading material and then enjoy it on your tablet. It is a nice way of showing that you are a modern person that knows how to make their life easier with the help of technology. Additionally, there are also many other uses for a tablet, like web browsing for example. A large display offers an advantage over a phone when it comes to searching the web. It is much more comfortable working with a tablet due to a bigger screen. Yet it is still simple and convenient as it is easy to use and it’s portable, unlike a computer. We can take a tablet anywhere and we can use it on any occasion.
Now that you know how useful a tablet can be you probably want to know which tablet is the best for reading and web browsing. Lucky for you, I have already researched this topic. Now you can save some time as I present you with 5 top-rated tablets for this occasion.
Now let’s check them out and find you a new tablet for all your needs!
TOP RECOMMENDED TABLETS FOR READING AND WEB BROWSING
Last update on 2021-12-02
I evaluated the tablets based on several factors such as hardware, battery life, display resolution and size, and even customer reports and feedbacks about some potential problems with a particular tablet. All the features were then combined into a single score number which was a basis for my buying decision.
I taught it would be an interesting thing to include in this post as it may help make you a decision as well.
WHAT ARE THE BEST TABLETS FOR READING AND WEB BROWSING?
So let’s move to the main question. What is the best tablet for reading and web browsing? Well, to be completely honest, it very much depends on personal preferences. But don’t get me wrong. There are good tablets and there are some »not so good«. It’s just that some people may prefer some brands to others. Then there’s also the matter of hardware, battery life and of course display, which is the crucial part in this case. Many people focus on these key factors when buying a new tablet. Luckily, our list features only the best. All the recommended tablets will perform great. So you don’t need to dive too deep into each tablet. You can simply pick one that you like the best.
Now let’s get going and check out the reviews on each tablet.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus is really something else when it comes to the field of tablets. It features a premium design and an awesome screen, which make it stand out and place it above its competition in the field of Android tablets.
The best feature of Tab S7 Plus is definitely the improved OLED screen that puts this tablet above the regular Tab S7. Additionally, it also features an awesome refresh rate of 120 Hz, which makes the content look super stunning. The display has a 16:10 aspect ratio with a 2800 x 1752 resolution.
You will find that the tablet itself appears taller and narrower than the iPad. However, it is also thinner and lighter.
The tablet is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus. Now, this is the best processor you will find on Android devices. Generally, the apps will work very smoothly. So you won't have any problems in that department.
Additionally, there are also many accessories available out there that can enhance your experience while using this tablet. One of such is the S Pen of course. Then you also have a Book Cover and the Book Cover Keyboard.
In my own personal opinion, this is definitely the best tablet for reading and web browsing. So be sure to give it a go. It won't let you down.
- PC PERFORMANCE. TABLET PORTABILITY: Transform your tablet into a PC experience with DeX mode and the optional keyboard¹ with expanded trackpad. (Keyboard sold separately)
- ENTERTAINMENT, UPGRADED: Experience cinematic viewing in your hands with larger edge-to-edge displays, TFT LCD screen and quad speakers tuned by AKG with Dolby Atmos surround sound.
- REDESIGNED S PEN INCLUDED: With improved 9ms pen latency, the redesigned S Pen can control presentations, take notes and mark up papers effortlessly.
- CHANGE THE WAY YOU GAME: Bring console gaming to anywhere a Wi-Fi connection is available with an immersive screen and Bluetooth-enabled controller.
- CHARGE FAST. POWER FOR HOURS: Go for hours on a single charge, and back to 100% with the fast-charging USB-C port. CAPTURE AND CONNECT: Stunning brightness and clarity with the wide 13MP and ultra-wide 5MP dual back, and 8MP front-facing cameras.
Last update on 2021-12-02
Apple iPad Pro
Apple iPad Pro is another great high-end and high-performance tablet that is more than capable of running difficult tasks. You can buy one with 8 or 16 GB of RAM, depending on how much internal storage you need. You will likely not notice the difference in performance though unless you run some performance benchmark tests.
You can get one with an 11 or 12.9-inch display, depending on your preferences. It is the lightest and the fastest iPad Pro yet. The battery life is also excellent and comes with a 20 W fast charger. Overall, I would say that this is definitely one of the best tablets for . It can be used for entertainment and work in general.
- Apple M1 chip for next-level performance
- Stunning 11-inch Liquid Retina display with ProMotion, True Tone, and P3 wide color
- TrueDepth camera system featuring Ultra Wide front camera with Center Stage
- 12MP Wide camera, 10MP Ultra Wide camera, and LiDAR Scanner for immersive AR
- Stay connected with ultrafast Wi-Fi
Last update on 2021-12-21
Microsoft Surface Go 3
Microsoft Surface Go 3 is a great tablet that was just released not long ago. It comes with preinstalled Windows 11, so working with this tablet might feel very familiar to some of you.
It features a 10.5-inch display, with a 1920 x 1280 resolution. Additionally, you will find that battery is surprisingly good here and can last through the entire day. Another big plus is an amazing built-in Dolby Audio that’s perfect for online classes, music, audiobooks, and your favorite shows.
Moreover, you will have the option of choosing between two versions. One has 4GB of RAM and the other has 8GB. Probably 4GB will be sufficient for most of you. However, if you intend on tackling very complex tasks or heavy gaming, 8GB might be more up your alley.
The tablet is just perefect for every task there is. It is appropriate for everyday use, work, and even gaming. Working with this tablet is very efficient and easy. There are a lot of new tools. Furthermore, the tablet is also optimized for a very accurate digital pen, which can be used for making notes or drawing.
Microsoft Surface Go 3 really comes in handy and can make our lives easier. I would definitely recommend you buy this tablet as it is one of the best tablets for reading and web browsing.
- The most portable Surface touchscreen 2-in-1. Perfect for your everyday tasks, homework, and play.
- Go-anywhere tablet with laptop productivity for the whole family. Starting at just 1.2 pounds,(4) with high-res 10.5” 220ppi touchscreen, adjustable Kickstand, Surface Pen*, and Type Cover*.
- All-day battery life. Get up to 11 hours (1) of on-the-go power, plus Fast Charging to take you from low to full when you do need to plug in.
- The new, more intuitive Windows. Work, play, and create in the way most natural to you with Windows 11.
- Plug in the accessories you use today with included USB-C port, headphone jack, Bluetooth 5.0, and MicroSDXC Card Reader.
Last update on 2021-12-22
Apple iPad Air
Apple iPad Air is a high-performance tablet that you will have no problem using for all sorts of purposes. It can be used for entertainment, or any work-related activities. Therefore, it is for sure one of the best tablets for reading and web browsing.
As you would expect from any Apple device, the design of the tablet does not disappoint and the build quality is excellent. A14 Bionic chipset paired with 4 GB of RAM and highly integrated iOS make the user experience very responsive. Tasks will run smoothly and no app will pose a problem. You will even be able to play games at the highest graphic settings at a very high frame rate.
Additionally using this device with the Pencil feels very intuitive and flawless which is perfect for taking handwritten notes or drawing. If you like Apple as a brand or just want an amazingly fast tablet you will not be disappointed with this one.
- Stunning 10.9-inch Liquid Retina display with True Tone and P3 wide color
- A14 Bionic chip with Neural Engine
- Touch ID for secure authentication and Apple Pay
- 12MP back camera, 7MP FaceTime HD front camera
- Available in Silver, Space Gray, Rose Gold, Green, and Sky Blue
Last update on 2021-12-21
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7
Many of you might be leaning towards Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 because of its affordable price. To be completely honest, if I was to be limited to my budget, this would definitely be my final choice. The level of performance and quality you get for the price is just mind-boggling.
Galaxy Tab A7 is a really nice tablet that is very easy to set up. Although, it is more aimed towards entertainment use rather than work. However, it will still do good at any task. Maybe not as good as high-end tablets, but it will be sufficient for most jobs.
The tablet has some really cool features, such as the size of the display and resolution. The tablet also has a very good and reliable battery that can last pretty long, depending on the use of course. But it is able to last throughout the day with no problem.
However, some tradeoffs are to be expected. This is a budget tablet after all. So the two major cons are RAM and camera. The tablet only has 3GB of RAM which might not be enough for more complex tasks, like gaming. Still, the amount of RAM should not cause you too many issues when it comes to performance. Additionally, the camera quality is not the best. Nevertheless, it is there if you ever need to use it.
In the end, this still is a very good choice when it comes to tablets. You really get a lot out of this product, especially when you look at the price. I'm am sure you will find great use for it. Therefore, I believe this is one of the best tablets for reading and web browsing.
- 10.4" TFT display with (2000 x 1200) Resolution, Stream and browse on a ultra-widescreen display designed to bring your content to life without weighing you do, Qualcomm Adreno 610 Graphics
- 3GB RAM, MicroSD card slot to allow you easily expand your tablet's memory up to 1TB, 64GB SSD Storage, Color: Gray
- Powered by Eight-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 processor, Enhanced quad speaker system fills your room with Dolby Atmos surround sound, putting you in the center of the action during your favorite music, movies and shows
- 7,040mAh Enhanced battery includes a fast-charging USB-C port that quickly gets you back to 100 percent, 802.11 ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3.5mm Audio, 1 x USB Type-C, Take photos and videos with the 5MP rear camera and the 8MP front-facing camera
Last update on 2021-12-21
BEST TABLET FOR READING AND WEB BROWSING – CONCLUSION
Choosing a tablet that will give you the best performance is a lot like choosing a good computer. You need to first look at all the important hardware components. If you want to get the best experience, then the tablet should meet at least recommended requirements for the purposes of your use.
It is well known that tablets tend to get a little “slower” over time. Additionally, mobile apps usually get updated more frequently. So to be on the safe side a good rule of thumb is to pick a tablet that has at least one grade better components than recommended.
With that been said, I believe you are equiped with the necessary knowledge to make the final decision. Remember, any tablet from our list will give you the best performance. So if you stay within our selection of best tablets for reading and web browsing, you are good and ready to go.
PEOPLE ALSO LIKE
- Best Tablets for Zoom
- Top Rated Tablets for Medical Students
- Best Controllers for League of Legends: Wild Rift
- Which is the Best Controller for Fortnite?
- Best Controllers for Call of Duty: Mobile
Profession: Freelance Photographer
Hobbies: Hiking, paragliding, photo editing