Having a good camera is important. However, you can’t do much without lenses. They are an essential piece of equipment that you simply can’t go without. Therefore, I present to you the best telephoto lens for Nikon D3400.
Being a photographer myself, I know that a proper lens makes a good photo. We need to spend some extra bucks if we want to make our shots look decent and professional. However, keep in mind that we need a special lens for a certain type of photography. For example, if you want to take photos of wildlife, nature, astronomy, or sports, then you should use a telephoto lens or that. If you are more into the landscape, then a wide-angle lens would be more appropriate.
Nikon d3400 is a great entry-level DSLR camera. It is very easy to use and is appropriate for beginners as well as professionals. You don’t need any previous experiences in the field of photography. Nikon D3400 uses a 24,2 megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor and features above-average image quality. It also feels very comfortable and sturdy in your hands, which makes it an excellent camera.
As an owner of Nikon D3400, I was faced with the same problem not too long ago. I needed a new telephoto lens for my camera. However, there were tons of options. There are many telephoto lenses for your Nikon camera out there. I know just how difficult it is to find the right one. After all, it is an important decision. A while ago, I went through the same process. I conducted a little research and found, what I believe to be the top five lenses. Now, I want to share with you the fruits of my labor. It’s time to check out the lenses.
Last update on 2022-10-29
WHAT ARE TELEPHOTO LENSES?
Telephoto lenses come to use when the standard zoom just can cut it. These lenses are usually a bit bigger and are most often found within a range of 100mm up to 600mm. Sometimes it can be even more than that.
Telephoto lenses work best for wildlife photography and nature photography. They are often used for sports photography as well and are a crucial piece of equipment when it comes to night sky photography. So if you find yourself in any of these, then a telephoto lens is an absolute must. It is one piece of equipment that you as a photographer can’t miss.
We can further subcategorize telephoto lenses into three categories, based on the focal length size. First, we have short telephoto. This one comes in a range of 85mm to 135mm and is most often used for street photography and portraits. Second comes medium telephoto that ranges between 135mm and 300mm. This type of lens is often associated with sports, wildlife, and action photography. Lastly, we have super-telephoto, which ranges from 300mm and up. It is most commonly used for astronomy photography, sports from a distance, and nature photography. Generally speaking, you will need this type of lens when taking photos from great distances.
The main disadvantage with telephoto lenses is that they are usually pretty big and heavy. Therefore, you may require a tripod to support them. This makes them a bit less practical than standard zoom lenses, but still, they deliver a hack of the result.
What is the best telephoto lens for Nikon D3400?
So the main question remains what is the best telephoto lens for Nikon D3400. In my experience, there are multiple options that are completely satisfying. There is nothing like only one right choice. As long as the lens fits your camera and meets your expectations, the job is done.
The main thing to look out for is compatibility with your camera. You have to check what is the appropriate mounting, so you can buy a lens that will actually fit. Your lens has to be compatible with your camera, otherwise, you cannot use it. So the main thing to do is check the compatibility first. You can easily do this by checking the compatible mounting systems and see if the lens fits your camera. Note that Nikon D3400 uses an F mount system.
Next, you need to determine whether you prefer prime lenses or zoom lenses. Prime lenses have fixed focal length and are more of a thing of professionals. However, some of you may find this a bit inconvenient, as you will need to physically move closer or further away from an object. On the other hand, zoom lenses offer much more freedom as they have variable focal length. You can zoom in or zoom out by simply turning the zoom ring in one direction. Personally, I prefer zoom lenses. I think that they are more user-friendly, especially if you are a beginner. They are easy to handle and also more fun to work with, as you can move within the given range.
The most popular telephoto lens ranges between 70mm and 200mm. This is a sweet spot, as you can do all sorts of photography using this lens. It is appropriate for portrait photography, product photography, and also nature and wildlife photography.
NIKON AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200MM F/4-5.6G ED VR II LENS – Best telephoto lens for Nikon D3400
NIKON AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm features a retracting design. The lens is small and lightweight, which makes it ideal for traveling and everyday use. It also has a focal length range that supports all kinds of photography, from portraits and group shots to sports and nature photography. It is for real the best telephoto lens for Nikon D3400.
Thanks to technological advancement, the lens features a great image stabilization system. You no longer need to worry about shaky videos or blurry images. The lens also has very fast and precise autofocus. You will be able to get the sharp shot you desire.
This is a great lens that can handle almost any situation. It is a wonderful option, so if you decide to purchase it, you will be making the right choice.
- Compact telephoto zoom that's great for action, people and travel. Metering - Full aperture
- Focal Length Range : 55 -200 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 3.7 ft. ( 1.1 m). Maximum angle of view (DX-format): 28°50', Minimum angle of view (DX-format): 8°
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) delivers superior color quality while reducing ghosting and lens flare
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass nearly eliminates optical distortion, while a rounded seven-blade diaphragm makes out of focus elements look more natural
- Nikon Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization provides 4.0 stops of blur free handheld shooting, assuring dramatically sharper still images, steadier HD videos and enhanced low-light performance
Last update on 2022-10-29
NIKON AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300MM F/4.5-5.6G ED VIBRATION REDUCTION ZOOM LENS WITH AUTO FOCUS
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm is a compact lens with a high refractive Index and 2 Extra-low Dispersion glass elements. With this lens, you will be able to take images of objects really far away and bring them closer to you.
The lens features incredibly precise, fast, and ultra-quiet autofocus. Additonally, it has up to date image stabilization system, so your stills and videos will look on point. The lens is also able to perform very well in low-light situations.
This is truly a remarkable piece of equipment that would make any photographer happy. It is definitely worth all recommendations.
- 5.5x Telephoto Zoom lens,Filter Thread: 58 mm
- Nikon VR Image Stabilization; Tripod Detection Mode, Focal Length Range : 55 -300 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 4.6 ft.( 1.4 m)
- HRI (High Refractive Index) Lens Element
- 2 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements.Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Lens Cap:Snap-on
Last update on 2022-09-26
TAMRON 18-400MM F/3.5-6.3 DI-II VC HLD ALL-IN-ONE ZOOM FOR NIKON APS-C DIGITAL SLR CAMERAS
Tamron 18-400mm was the world’s first ultra-telephoto all-in-one zoom lens for the APS-C format. The focal length range of this lens is simply amazing. It really opens up countless possibilities. You can do macro photography, sports photography, wildlife photography, even landscape photography, and many more. You can use the same lens to shoot everything.
Best of all, the exceptional optical performance is maintained across the entire zoom range. The lens is also moisture resistant, which means you can pack it up and bring it with you outdoors. Additionally, it includes elements such as low dispersion glass and an aspherical lens.
I have to say this is one of the best telephoto lenses for Nikon DX. It was designed to be compact and lightweight, so it is very convenient and perfect for everyday use. This high-performance lens is a must in any photographer’s inventory.
- World?s first 222x ultra-telephoto all-in-one zoom Lens
- Filter diameter: 79 mm.0.15x (When the macro switching ring is set to "0,3m-?"), 0.26x (When the macro switching ring is set to "0,2m-0,35m").?620mm full-frame equivalent telephoto reach
- VC for confident telephoto shooting. Focal Length- 18-400mm. Minimum Object Distance- 17.7 inches
- Moisture-resistant construction; Angle of View (diagonal): 75°33' - 4°
- 1: 29 max Mag Ratio for versatile close-up capability
Last update on 2022-09-26
AF-S DX NKR 18-200MM F/3.5-5.6G ED VR II
AF-S DX Nkr 18-200mm is the lens for every opportunity. Thanks to its wide focal range, you can use it for all types of photography, from group shots and landscapes to portraits and action. Its powerful 11x zoom means you can capture just about any shot you encounter or imagine.
Moreover, the lens offers exceptional performance. It features an amazing image stabilization system that makes sure your photos are extremely sharp. The lens offers superior color consistency and reduced flare. It also features very accurate and quiet autofocus.
This truly is one of the best telephoto lenses for Nikon DX. It is one of my favorite lenses and I use it on many occasions. I’m am very satisfied with the results. This was one of the best purchases that I have ever made.
- One-lens solution adept in a wide variety of situations
- Focal length range: 18 -200 millimeter, minimum focus distance: 1.6 feet.
- Two extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements; Three aspherical lens elements
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM), Nikon VR II (vibration reduction) image stabilization
- Focus to 20 inches for extended versatility, filter thread: 72 millimeter. Maximum angle of view (dx-format) 76°. Minimum angle of view (DX-format) 8°. Accepts filter type: Screw-on
Last update on 2022-09-26
Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR Lens for Nikon DSLR Cameras
AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED is an amazing telephoto camera that can be used on many ocassions. It is appropriate for sports photography, wildlife photography, concerts, landmarks, and many more. It will bring distant subjects within reach.
The lens features VR image stabilization and very quiet and precise autofocus. It uses superior optics that will produce wonderful portraits with softly blurred backgrounds. The overall image quality is simply amazing. The images are extremely clear and sharp.
This is an ideal lens for any true photographer. You can easily use it for stills as well as video recording. It is a great piece of equipment, so be sure to try it out. It could easily be the best telephoto lens for Nikon D3400.
- F-mount lens/DX formatfilter-attachment size: 58mm, (p = 075 mm) Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.22x. 105-450Mm (35mm equivalent) Aperture range: f/45-63 to F/32
- Nikon VR image stabilization. Access Lens settings in camera menu
- The number of cameras Compatible with both lenses is limited even for compatible cameras, firmware update may be required* Fully compatible Models: D7500, D5600, D5500, D5300*, D3400, D3300*, D500 and later models
- Compatible Models with limited functions: D5, D810 series, DF, D750, D7200, D7100, D5200, Nikon 1 Series with the ft1
- Incompatible models: D4 series, D3 series, D2 series, D1 series, D800 series, D700, D610, D600, D300 series, D200, D100, D7000, D5100, D5000, D90, D80, D70 series, D3200, D3100, D3000, D60, D50, D40 series, film cameras
Last update on 2022-11-01
FINAL THOUGHTS ON THE BEST LENS FOR NIKON D3400
With this, we come to an end of this article. Hopefully, you found my recommendations helpful. However, in the end, it is up to you to decide what works best for you. Your preferences are the key here. Only you know what you like and I hope that my recommendations meet your expectations. Just pay attention to focal length and compatibility with your camera and you should be fine.
I am sure that among this selection you will find the best telephoto lens for Nikon D3400. With this choice of lenses, I made sure that I covered all types of photography. So no matter what your preferences are, you should be able to find your perfect lens among the given selection. All of the recommended lenses above are great and you can’t go wrong with any of them. So just relax and become the photographer that you want to be.
PEOPLE ALSO LIKE
- Best Lenses for Black and White Photography
- Which is the Best Lens for Interior Photography?
- Best Lenses for Yellowstone
- Top Rated Lenses for Photojournalism
- Best Lenses for Dog Photography
Profession: Freelance Photographer
Hobbies: Hiking, paragliding, photo editing