Every true photographer knows that photos only look their best when we use the right lens at the right time. In fact, this is a necessary piece of equipment in any photographer’s inventory. Every photographic occasion requires a different type of lens. In this article, we will uncover the best lens for Yellowstone photography.
Yellowstone is one of the most beautiful parks on this planet. It offers so many opportunities for a good photo. The park has a vast variety of wildlife, geothermal activity, and a beautiful landscape. As a photographer, you will certainly enjoy your time there. It is truly a place of magic.
Now, the problem is that you have to decide what lenses you will bring along. Some photographers take a whole bag of lenses with them on such trips. However, that’s not for everyone, and it’s certainly not the way I do things. Not too long ago, I was in the same position. I was looking for the best camera lenses for Yellowstone.
Let me tell you, this was no easy task. Viable options just kept piling up. To find the best lens, some selection needed to be done. I checked each lens and quickly ended up with 5 top picks. Now, I would like to help you out by sharing my findings with you. So, what are we waiting for? Let’s check out the lenses!
In the past, we already explored the topic of the best camera for Yellowstone. So, for those of you who still need a good camera for Yellowstone, you can find it here.
Last update on 2022-07-08
What is the best lens for Yellowstone photography?
Now to the main question. What is the best lens for Yellowstone photography? Now, this is a question that is very difficult to answer. There are so many lenses out there, each designed for a different type of photography. So the first thing to know is what do you intend to photograph. So are you more into wildlife photography or landscape photography? This will determine the type of lens that you need to purchase. So to give you the basic idea, for wildlife you need a telephoto lens, while wide-angle lenses are more appropriate for landscape.
One thing to keep an eye on is also compatibility. Your lens has to be compatible with your camera, otherwise, you cannot use it. And trust me, you do not want to waste so much money on a thing you will not be using. So the main thing to do is check the compatibility first. You can easily do this by checking the compatible mounting systems and see if the lens fits your camera.
Finally, you have to know the difference between prime and zoom lenses. Prime lenses have fixed focal length and are more of a thing of professionals. However, some of you may find this a bit inconvenient, as you will need to physically move closer or further away from an object. On the other hand, zoom lenses offer much more freedom as they have variable focal length. You can zoom in or zoom out by simply turning the zoom ring in one direction.
You can find detailed descriptions for the best camera lens for Yellowstone in the text below.
CANON EF-S 18-135MM F/3.5-5.6 – BEST CANON LENS FOR YELLOWSTONE PHOTOGRAPHY
Canon EF-S 18-135mm is an ideal lens that can handle both stills and videos. The lens was designed to be something else. It can outmatch its competition in many areas. Best of all, it maintains this high standard across the entire zoom range.
The image quality is great. The lens ensures high-resolution photos with high contrast and a lot of detail. The colors are very accurete, true to life practically. Additionally, it also features a highly capable autofocus system that will make sure your photos are sharp and on point.
I would say this is the best Canon lens for Yellowstone photography. This lens truly gives a great performance and is worth your consideration. It won’t let you down.
- Focal length and maximum aperture: 18 135mm, 1:3.5 5.6
- Closest focusing distance: 0.39 metres/1.3 feet
- Lens construction: 16 elements in 12 groups
- Diagonal angle of view: 11 Degree 30 feet; 74 Degree 20 feet
- Inner focusing system
Last update on 2022-07-08
Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM Ultra Wide Angle Zoom Lens for SLR Cameras
Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM is a great example of a Canon ultra-wide lens. It is a remarkable piece of equipment that is perfect for landscape shots. In addition, it also features weather resistance, so it is appropriate for outdoor use.
The lens is capable of delivering stunning photos in high resolution. The overall quality is very good. The images are clear and sharp. Moreover, the lens uses three aspherical elements and a Super UD-glass element. All this ensures a superior contrast and sharpness.
This is an ideal lens that any photographer could use in their inventory. It offers many opportunities and delivers splendid results. So make sure you give it a try.
- 17 40 millimeter ultra wide angle zoom lens with f/4 maximum aperture for Canon SLR Cameras. Diagonal angle of view 104° 57° 30'
- 3 aspherical lens elements and super UD glass element create superior optics in all conditions, Closest focusing distance: 0.9 feet
- Powerful ring type ultrasonic monitor (USM) produces fast and silent autofocusing, Focuses as close as 11 inches, supports screw in 77 millimeter filters or up to 3 gel filters. Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques
- Suitable for Wedding/Nature Photography, Weather resistant construction, Water and Dust Resistant, measures 3.3 inches in diameter, 1 year warranty
- Purchase this product between May 1, 2016 and July 30, 2016 and get 13 months of free damage protection from Canon. The product must be registered within 30 days of the purchase date to be eligible
Last update on 2022-07-08
NIKON AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200MM F/4-5.6G ED VR II LENS – BEST NIKON LENS FOR YELLOWSTONE PHOTOGRAPHY
NIKON AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm features a retracting design. The lens is small and lightweight, which makes it ideal for traveling and everyday use. It also has a focal length range that supports all kinds of photography, from portraits and group shots to sports and nature photography. This is the best Nikon lens for Yellowstone photography.
Thanks to technological advancement, the lens features a great image stabilization system. You no longer need to worry about shaky videos or blurry images. The lens also has very fast and precise autofocus. You will be able to get the sharp shot you desire.
This is a great lens that can handle almost any situation. It is a wonderful option, so if you decide to purchase it, you will be making the right choice.
- Compact telephoto zoom that's great for action, people and travel. Metering - Full aperture
- Focal Length Range : 55 -200 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 3.7 ft. ( 1.1 m). Maximum angle of view (DX-format): 28°50', Minimum angle of view (DX-format): 8°
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) delivers superior color quality while reducing ghosting and lens flare
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass nearly eliminates optical distortion, while a rounded seven-blade diaphragm makes out of focus elements look more natural
- Nikon Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization provides 4.0 stops of blur free handheld shooting, assuring dramatically sharper still images, steadier HD videos and enhanced low-light performance
Last update on 2022-07-10
Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Lens
Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 10-20mm is a really good ultra-wide-angle zoom lens. As far as landscape photography goes, this is one of the best lenses you can wish for. It truly gives you the ability to capture the entire place in your frame.
Besides being perfect for landscapes, you can also use it for architecture photography, cityscapes, as well as interior photography, and group shots. The lens features a great autofocus system that is extremely precise and near-silent. Additionally, it also has a Vibration Reduction image stabilization.
The lens is very light and compact, which makes it perfect for traveling. You can easily take it with you anywhere you go. Moreover, the results will impress you. It is a great lens that you should definitely try out.
- Ultra-wide-angle view that surpasses any Kit Lens and lets you get creative with Composition
- Compact, lightweight, durable design that's great for travel and outings.Angle of view:109 degree to 70 degree
- Outstanding Optics deliver beautiful photos and videos, even in challenging situations. Minimum focus distance - 0.22 meter ( 0.8 feet) from focal plane at all zoom positions
- Near-silent autofocus stepping motor is ideal for recording video. Compatible format(s) DX
- Vibration reduction (VR) image stabilization keeps handheld photos and videos sharp and helps with Low-light shooting.Accepts Filter Type:Screw-on
Last update on 2022-07-08
SONY FE 70-200MM F4 G OSS
Sony FE 70-200mm is a really good telephoto zoom lens that can be used on countless occasions. Moreover, you can use it for all sorts of photography and it never fails to deliver. Portraits, wildlife photography, sports, and street photography. They can all be handled with this single lens. It truly offers outstanding performance, and yes, it is compatible with Sony E mountings.
The lens produces high-quality images, with really good contrast and high resolution. The colors look pretty much natural as well. Best of all is that such quality is maintained over the entire range. The lens boasts with amazing and super-fast autofocus. It also uses high-end technology for image stabilization that can handle videos and stills.
This is an ideal lens for any true photographer. It is the one piece of equipment that I never leave behind. Sony FE 70-200mm is my favorite lens and for a good reason. The output is simply stunning.
- Brand is Sony
- Minimum focus distance:1–1.5 m (AF)/1–1.35 m (MF) (3.28–4.93 ft [AF]/3.28–4.43 ft [MF]), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.13x, Focal-Length : 70–200 mm
- Interchangeable Lens
Last update on 2022-07-08
FINAL THOUGHTS ON THE BEST LENS FOR Yellowstone PHOTOGRAPHY
With this, we come to an end of this article. Hopefully, you found my recommendations helpful. However, in the end, it is up to you to decide what works best for you. Your preferences are the key here. Only you know what you like and I hope that my recommendations meet your expectations. Just pay attention to focal length and compatibility with your camera and you should be fine.
I am sure that among this selection you will find the best lens for Yellowstone photography. With this choice of lenses, I made sure that I covered all types of photography. So no matter what your preferences are, you should be able to find your perfect lens among the given selection. All of the recommended lenses above are great and you can’t go wrong with any of them. So just relax and become the photographer that you want to be.
PEOPLE ALSO LIKE
- Best Lenses for Photojournalism
- Top Rated Lenses for Dog Photography
- Best Fujifilm lenses for Portraits
- Which is the Best Lens for Dental Photography?
- Best Canon lenses for Filmmaking
Profession: Freelance Photographer
Hobbies: Hiking, paragliding, photo editing