I’m a big fan of Fujifilm cameras and have been using my trusty Fujifilm X T3 for years now. I have recently bought a brand new Fujifilm X T4. I really think the Fuji cameras are currently the most advanced mirrorless cameras you can find on the market today. And mirrorless is the future, for video and photography! In this article, I would like to share with you my thoughts on what are the best lenses for Fujifilm X T4. I have a wide array of Fujifilm lenses that I’ve been using on my Fujifilm X T3. After testing out my lenses on the new Fujifilm X T4, I can say they all fit just as good if not better.
Every advanced photographer should own at least three prime lenses. These lenses are a wide-angle, a standard, and a telephoto. Or you can compensate these lenses with a high-quality zoom lens that can cover a wide enough focal length range so it can be used for all types of photography.
As you know a wide-angle zoom lens is used for landscape photography, a standard zoom lens is used for taking pictures of people and everyday events, and a telephoto zoom lens is used for portrait photography, sports photography & wildlife. In the following paragraphs, I will list 3 prime lenses, all with a different focal length, and 2 zoom lenses.
What are the Best Fuji Lenses for Fujifilm X T4?
In the table below you can find the array of lenses that I’ve selected as the best Fuji Lenses for Fujifilm X T4. If you would like to start out with only one lens, then the Fujinon XF16-80mm F4 R OIS WR is an excellent choice. It is a perfect value/price zoom lens with the right focal length range to have you covered in all types of photography. To read a detailed description of each lens, continue reading the paragraphs below the table.
Last update on 2022-10-27
What is the Best Fuji PRIME Lenses for Fujifilm X T4?
Fujifilm XF16mm F1.4 R WR – Best WIDE-ANGLE lens
This lens is the best Fujifilm wide-angle lens and a winner in micro-contrast, also making it a great lens for black and white photography. The lens is best used for: Landscapes, astrophotography, interiors, street, real estate, still life, and near-Macro. The lens is not the best for: Portraiture, noisy AF, slowish AF, and it is definitely NOT for video use. The lens is as sharp as a razor. It is absolutely the single best prime wide-angle lens I have ever used or tested! This is my #1 must-own prime Fujifilm lens.
- 24mm in 35mm format equivalentTo adjust focus, rotate the focus ring while viewing the effects in the camera display The focus distance and depth-of-field indicators can be used to assist manual focus
- Angle of view: 83.2°.Minimum working distance of less than 6 inches, Max magnification : 021x
- Weather-resistant design with 9 sealing points in 8 areas
- Nano-GI coating alters the refractive index between glass and air to reduce ghosting and flare
- FUJIFILM X-Mount is compatible with all FUJIFILM interchangeable system cameras
Last update on 2022-10-27
Fujinon XF50mm F2 R WR Lens – Best STANDARD lens
This lens is best used for general purposes, mid-range subject photography, and near-telephoto FOV. It is not best for portraiture and taking photos of short-range subjects. The lens has incredible micro-contrast for black and white tonality, fast and silent AF, 75mm FOV. This is also one of my favorite Fujifilm lenses.
- Equivalent to 76 millimeter (in the 35 millimeter film format)
- Maximum aperture of F2.0 for beautiful bokeh
- Weather and dust resistant, operates in temperatures as low as -10 Degree Celsius, making it ideal for shooting in a variety of conditions
- Fast and silent focusing. Max. magnification- 0.15x. Angle of view-31.7°
- Focal length (35 millimeter format equivalent):f=50 millimeter (76 millimeter);Focus range 39 centimeter～∞
Last update on 2022-10-27
Fujinon XF80mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR Lens – Best TELEPHOTO lens
This lens’ focal length is very well suited for portraiture, product photography, macro, telephoto landscape, weddings, and general-purpose! It is also a very good prime lens for recording videos, like vlogging or youtube videos. I consider this lens an almost perfect optical instrument. It is easily the best macro lens ever made by anyone. I find the lens razor-sharp beyond belief, and it is Fujifilm’s fastest AF lens. This is my #2 must-own Fujifilm lens which serves many purposes excellently. Amazing OIS. Worth every
- High resolving power and beautiful bokeh - an optical construction of 16 elements in 12 groups, including one aspherical Lens, one Super ED Lens, and three ED lenses has been Adopted.
- New AF System - Adopts a Floating Focus System, which divides focus lens group into “Front Focus Group” and “Rear Focus Group” and drives them depending on the shooting distance with high accuracy.
- Optical Image Stabilization - Angle shake and shift shake are suppressed by using a gyro sensor and an acceleration sensor with high accuracy, which achieves 5-stop image stabilization.
- Weather and dust resistant, -10 DegreeC/14 DegreeF low-temperature operation with fluorine coating. Angle of view is 20.1 degree
- Compatible with the XF1.4x and XF2.0x Teleconverters.Min. aperture:F22
Last update on 2022-07-10
What is the Best Fuji ZOOM Lenses for Fujifilm X T4?
Fujinon XF16-80mm F4 R OIS WR Lens – Best VALUE ZOOM lens
This is one of the best zoom lenses I’ve come across in my career as a professional photographer. The lens is more than well suited for portraiture, travel, video, street, still life, and documentary. It is basically an ideal all-purpose lens!
This lens really has no shortcomings and it works very well for video as well. I would rate the value of this lens to be 10:10. My observations for this lens: very fast autofocus, very sharp, amazing bokeh. It is extremely rare to find a zoom lens of this quality in this price range. This is, in my opinion, a PERFECT ZOOM LENS!
- Consisting of 16 elements in 12 groups, the FUJINON XF16-80mmF4 R OIS WR Lens also features one aspherical element that is specially designed to minimize field curvature and spherical aberration.
- A small, compact, and versatile lens for any shooting situation - Covering an effective focal range from 24mm to 120mm, the FUJINON XF16-80mmF4 R OIS WR weighs just 15. 5 oz. (440 g) and is only 3. 5in (88. 9mm) long. This makes it approximately 40% lighter than similar, traditional 35mm system lenses, which means it won’t weigh you down when you’re spending an entire day looking to capture that perfect moment.
- Push the limits with 6. 0 stops of Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) - As if extending the possibilities of hand-held capture with 6. 0 stops of CIPA-Rated Optical Image Stabilization wasn’t enough, the FUJINON XF16-80mmF4 R OIS WR lens can also absorb vibrations from the camera shutter. The OIS can also detect when the camera is being used with a tripod and adjust its performance to provide optimum image quality.
- Quick, responsive, and near-silent autofocus - Having fast and quiet autofocus is critical when you’re roaming the streets looking for that perfect image. That’s why we made sure this lens uses the right motors to accurately drive focusing elements.
- Weather resistant to keep the images coming - Working in dusty or damp conditions is a breeze with this lens since it is weather sealed in ten places along the barrel. This also makes it capable of operating in temperatures down to 14°F (-10°C), which means you can go chase down that image and have some peace of mind while you’re doing it.
Last update on 2022-09-26
Fujinon XF8-16mm F2.8R LM WR Lens – Best WIDE-ANGLE ZOOM lens
I have added this zoom lens to the list because it is truly one of the best wide-angle zoom lenses on the market currently. It’s short focal length enables the photographer to capture a very wide range, therefore the lens is great for landscape photography or closed spaces, where we would like to capture as much space as we can. This lens is best used for landscape, architecture, close quarters, real estate, and indoors. The lens is not the best for portraiture, as it’s short focal length will narrow the subject’s face, and this is not a desirable effect for portraits. My observations: Very fast and silent auto-focus. The lens is expensive, large, heavy, no filters possible. It is incredibly sharp and truly an ultrawide zoom marvel of optical excellence!
- Equivalent to 12 - 24mm (35mm)
- 20 elements in 13 groups, including 4 aspherical Lens elements and 6 ED Lens elements including 3 ED elements to control lateral chromatic aberration
- Weather sealed at 11 points
- Weather and Dust-Resistant and capable of operating in temperatures as low as 14 Degree/-10 Degree.
Last update on 2022-09-26
As a professional photographer, you will need all 3 types of prime lenses – wide-angle, standard & telephoto lenses. But if you are just starting out, buying a good zoom lens like Fujinon XF16-80mm F4 R OIS WR is definitely the right choice as it is a great balance between value and price.
I hope you found my guide useful and I wish you tons of professional photos with your Fujifilm lenses.?.
People also like
- Best Budget Telephoto Lens for Canon
- Best Voigtlander lenses for Sony
- Best Telephoto Lens for Sony a7III
- Best Canon Macro lenses for Insects
- Best Landscape Lens for Nikon D850
Profession: Movie Director & Passionate Photographer
Hobbies: Golf, Tennis, Hiking