Adding some lenses to your camera is the first step to the world of professional photography. It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or a pro, if you want your photos to look their best, you will need a good lens. You must be prepared for every photographic situation. Therefore, having a variety of lenses in your inventory is an absolute must. In this article, we will talk about the best lens for interior photography.
Being a photographer myself, I know that a proper lens makes a good photo. We need to spend some extra bucks if we want to make our shots look decent and professional. However, keep in mind that we need a special lens for a certain type of photography. For example, interior photography often requires wide-angle lenses. However, this type is also appropriate for landscape photography. So you kind of get a two-for-one deal. You can use such lenses indoors as well as outdoors.
A while ago, I was in the same position as you guys. I was looking for the best lens for an interior design photography. I devoted a bit of my time and found the best lenses for this type of photography. With this article, I want to help you improve your photography. In order to save you some time, I have already explored and found the top lenses to fit your needs. In this wide selection, you are sure to find the lens of your dreams. Now let’s proceed further down the track and check out the recommended items.
You can also learn about the best camera for interior photography here.
Note: the table below only features the top 6 items. There are more listed in the text below.
Last update on 2021-08-22
What is the best lens for interior photography?
Now the question remains. What is the best lens for interior photography? There is no simple answer to this question. It all depends. You will find many lenses out there that can do a great job. However, they are not necessarily the best. The first thing you should know is that for interior photography, you will need wide-angle lenses. So what you really should be looking for is the best wide-angle lens for interior photography. Typically, a wide-angle lens will have a focal length of 35, 28, 24, 21, 20, 18, or 14 mm. So keep an eye on that.
One thing to look out for is also compatibility. Your lens has to be compatible with your camera, otherwise, you cannot use it. And trust me, you do not want to waste so much money on a thing you will not be using. So the main thing to do is check the compatibility first. You can easily do this by checking the compatible mounting systems and see if the lens fits your camera.
Finally, you have to know the difference between prime and zoom lenses. Prime lenses have fixed focal length and are more of a thing of professionals. However, some of you may find this a bit inconvenient, as you will need to physically move closer or further away from an object. On the other hand, zoom lenses offer much more freedom as they have variable focal length. You can zoom in or zoom out by simply turning the zoom ring in one direction.
You can find detailed descriptions for the best camera lens for interior photography in the text below.
Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 – BEST CANON LENS FOR INTERIOR PHOTOGRAPHY
Canon EF-S 10-22mm is a great case of a wide-angle lens. It can be used for landscapes as well as interior photography. Moreover, the lens is equipped with great and silent autofocus. However, you can always switch to a manual focus, if you feel like it.
The lens offers an excellent performance that can only be matched by a few other lenses in its class. The images come out very sharp and clear. The contrast is good and the colors are true to life. Additionally, it also features three Aspherical lens elements and a Super-UD element, all of which ensure superb image quality.
This should definitely be a part of your inventory. It is the best Canon lens for interior photography. So give it a try and see for yourself.
- 10-22mm wide-angle zoom lens with f/3.5-4.5 maximum aperture for EOS digital SLR cameras
- Superior AF performance and speed, with full-time manual focus with the turn of a ring
- Close focusing to 9.5 inches; fills the frame with subjects as small as 3.6 x 5.4 inches
- Circular aperture design produces natural highlights
- 1-year warranty
Last update on 2021-08-22
CANON EF-S 18-135MM F/3.5-5.6
Canon EF-S 18-135mm is an ideal lens that can handle both stills and videos. The lens was designed to be something else. It can outmatch its competition in many areas. Best of all, it maintains this high standard across the entire zoom range.
The image quality is great. The lens ensures high-resolution photos with high contrast and a lot of detail. The colors are very accurete, true to life practically. Additionally, it also features a highly capable autofocus system that will make sure your photos are sharp and on point.
I would say this a really good interior photography lens. It truly gives a great performance and is worth your consideration. It won’t let you down.
- Focal length and maximum aperture: 18 135mm, 1:3.5 5.6
- Closest focusing distance: 0.39 metres/1.3 feet
- Lens construction: 16 elements in 12 groups
- Diagonal angle of view: 11 Degree 30 feet; 74 Degree 20 feet
- Inner focusing system
Last update on 2021-08-23
CANON EF 17-40MM F/4L USM ULTRA WIDE ANGLE ZOOM LENS FOR SLR CAMERAS
Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM is a great example of a Canon ultra-wide lens. It is a remarkable piece of equipment that is perfect for landscape shots. In addition, it also features weather resistance, so it is appropriate for outdoor use.
The lens is capable of delivering stunning photos in high resolution. The overall quality is very good. The images are clear and sharp. Moreover, the lens uses three aspherical elements and a Super UD-glass element. All this ensures a superior contrast and sharpness.
This is an ideal lens that any photographer could use in their inventory. It offers many opportunities and delivers splendid results. So make sure you give it a try.
- 17 40 millimeter ultra wide angle zoom lens with f/4 maximum aperture for Canon SLR Cameras. Diagonal angle of view 104° 57° 30'
- 3 aspherical lens elements and super UD glass element create superior optics in all conditions, Closest focusing distance: 0.9 feet
- Powerful ring type ultrasonic monitor (USM) produces fast and silent autofocusing, Focuses as close as 11 inches, supports screw in 77 millimeter filters or up to 3 gel filters. Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques
- Suitable for Wedding/Nature Photography, Weather resistant construction, Water and Dust Resistant, measures 3.3 inches in diameter, 1 year warranty
- Purchase this product between May 1, 2016 and July 30, 2016 and get 13 months of free damage protection from Canon. The product must be registered within 30 days of the purchase date to be eligible
Last update on 2021-08-22
Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4G – BEST NIKON LENS FOR INTERIOR PHOTOGRAPHY
Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4G is a great piece of photographic equipment that all Nikon owners should have in their inventory. The lens is perfect for landscapes, cityscapes, and interiors. Such types of photography often require a wide-angle lens and this one is up for the task.
The lens features superb VR II image stabilization. It makes sure that your photos are blur-free. In addition, the lens offers remarkable performance. The images are sharp and crystal clear. Thanks to its optical design, it achieves high-resolution quality throughout the entire zoom range.
This lens is really something else. It is an absolute must for any true photographer. This is most likely the best Nikon lens for interior photography. So be sure to try it.
- Ideal for wide-angle and "normal" shots
- Maximum aperture: f/4 ; Offers two focus modes, M/A (autofocus with manual override) and M (manual)
- Lens construction: 17 elements in 12 groups
- Image stabilization, vibration reduction (VR II) up to 4 stops
- Nikon F mount for FX and DX DSLRs
Last update on 2021-09-08
NIKON AF-P DX NIKKOR 10-20MM F/4.5-5.6G VR LENS
Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 10-20mm is a really good ultra-wide-angle zoom lens. As far as landscape photography goes, this is one of the best lenses you can wish for. It truly gives you the ability to capture the entire place in your frame.
Besides being perfect for landscapes, you can also use it for architecture photography, cityscapes, as well as interior photography, and group shots. The lens features a great autofocus system that is extremely precise and near-silent. Additionally, it also has a Vibration Reduction image stabilization.
The lens is very light and compact, which makes it perfect for traveling. You can easily take it with you anywhere you go. Moreover, the results will impress you. It is a great lens that you should definitely try out.
- Ultra-wide-angle view that surpasses any Kit Lens and lets you get creative with Composition
- Compact, lightweight, durable design that's great for travel and outings.Angle of view:109 degree to 70 degree
- Outstanding Optics deliver beautiful photos and videos, even in challenging situations. Minimum focus distance - 0.22 meter ( 0.8 feet) from focal plane at all zoom positions
- Near-silent autofocus stepping motor is ideal for recording video. Compatible format(s) DX
- Vibration reduction (VR) image stabilization keeps handheld photos and videos sharp and helps with Low-light shooting.Accepts Filter Type:Screw-on
Last update on 2021-08-22
NIKON AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200MM F/4-5.6G
NIKON AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm features a retracting design. The lens is small and lightweight, which makes it ideal for traveling and everyday use. It also has a focal length range that supports all kinds of photography, from portraits and group shots to sports and nature photography.
Thanks to technological advancement, the lens features a great image stabilization system. You no longer need to worry about shaky videos or blurry images. The lens also has very fast and precise autofocus. You will be able to get the sharp shot you desire.
This is a great lens that can handle almost any situation. It is a wonderful option, so if you decide to purchase it, you will be making the right choice.
- Compact telephoto zoom that's great for action, people and travel. Metering - Full aperture
- Focal Length Range : 55 -200 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 3.7 ft. ( 1.1 m). Maximum angle of view (DX-format): 28°50', Minimum angle of view (DX-format): 8°
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) delivers superior color quality while reducing ghosting and lens flare
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass nearly eliminates optical distortion, while a rounded seven-blade diaphragm makes out of focus elements look more natural
- Nikon Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization provides 4.0 stops of blur free handheld shooting, assuring dramatically sharper still images, steadier HD videos and enhanced low-light performance
Last update on 2021-08-23
Fujinon XF16mmF2.8 R WR Lens – BEST FUJI LENS FOR INTERIOR PHOTOGRAPHY
Fujinon XF16mmF2.8 R WR is the best Fuji lens for interior photography. It was designed to achieve the best performance in its field. Additionally, it also features weather and dust resistance. It can operate in low temperatures, so you can easily use it for outdoor photography as well.
The lens offers edge-to-edge sharpness. The images really come out great. They are clear and blur-free. The contrast is great and the colors are simply amazing. Moreover, the lens also features two aspherical elements, which serve to suppress the image degrading effects.
This is a really great example of a prime lens that truly lives up to its name, the best prime lens for interior photography. It will enhance your photography and bring it to the next level. Therefore, it is worth giving it a try.
- High resolution performance: edge-to-edge sharpness from the center to the corners of the frame is achieved by the precise arrangement of 10 lens elements in 8 groups. This lens also includes two aspherical elements, which serve to suppress the image degrading effects of chromatic aberration and field curvature imperfection.
- Compact, lightweight and Stylish design: weighing in at 5. 47oz (155G) and measuring just 1. 79in (45. 4mm) in length, This lens offers up the renowned image quality and refined style associated with the Fujinon XF family of lenses. With its metal exterior, precise click Stops, and smooth dampening, this lens offers incredible image quality in a durable aesthetically pleasing appearance.
- Fast and quiet autofocus: the inner focusing AF system uses a stepping motor to move focusing elements into place through precise electrical pulses, in order to achieve fast and near-silent autofocus performance.
- Weather and dust resistant durability: The lens is designed to operate in temperatures as low as 14° Fahrenheit and is Sealed at nine points around the barrel, making it both weather and dust resistant.
- Lens Type: Wide Angle Mounting Type: Fujifilm X
Last update on 2021-08-22
Sony – E 10-18mm F4 OSS Wide-Angle Zoom Lens – BEST SONY LENS FOR INTERIOR PHOTOGRAPHY
Sony – E 10-18mm F4 OSS is an amazing super wide-angle zoom lens. It is ideal for landscapes, interiors, and nature photography. It can also be used for group photos as well. This lens can truly help you bring your photography to the next level.
The lens comes with built-in Gyro sensors that can detect even the slightest movement. This feature is nicely paired with a great, quiet, and effective image stabilization system. The lens does a great job of making sure your images are blur-free. Moreover, the aspherical lens design dramatically reduces spherical aberration.
This is a great lens that will make sure you get the shot you desire. It is the best Sony lens for interior photography. So go ahead and try it out, you will be satisfied.
- Angle of View (APS-C) - 109 ° – 76 °
- Minimum focal length of 10 mm (15 mm in 35 mm-camera equivalency)
- Minimum Focus Distance : 0.82 ft (0.25 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.1x
- Superbly detailed images;Aperture Maximum: f/4 ; Minimum: f/22. 35mm equivalent focal-length (APS-C) : 15-27mm
- In-the-box:Hood (ALC-SH123), Lens front cap, Lens rear cap
Last update on 2021-08-22
This brings us to the end of this article. By now you probably have some idea what would be the perfect lens for you. After all, you know best what works for you. As I have already mentioned, you should choose a wide-angle lens that is compatible with your camera. This way you will get the best results, at least as far as interior photography goes.
I am sure that among this selection you will find the best lens for interior photography. With this choice of lenses, I made sure that I covered all the important brands. So no matter what your preferences are, you should be able to find your perfect lens among the given selection. All of the recommended lenses above are great and you can’t go wrong with any of them. So just relax and become the photographer that you want to be.
PEOPLE ALSO LIKE
- Best Lenses for Yellowstone
- Top Rated Lenses for Photojournalism
- Best Lenses for Dog Photography
- Which is the Best Fujifilm lenses for Portraits?
- Best Lens for Dental Photography
Profession: Freelance Photographer
Hobbies: Hiking, paragliding, photo editing