Are you in search of the best controller for League of Legends: Wild Rift? In this article, we explain in detail which are currently the best performing controllers for this game.
League of Legends: Wild Rift is Riot’s mobile version of the well know game usually abbreviated as LoL. Obviously, they are not able to just translate the mechanics of the game straight onto a mobile platform. For that reason, Riot has made some basic changes for the game’s mechanics to be more fitting.
One of the most notable changes introduced is an adaption of some characters’ abilities to better accommodate the switch in the platform. The sentinels on Wild Rift do not have turrets around them but actually, defend themself.
This was mainly introduced to bring down the game’s timing to less than 20 minutes, as playing a game on a mobile device might not be as comfortable as playing on the PC.
The game can currently be played on Android, iOS. The cross-play between the Mobile version and the PC version will not be allowed, as this would be unfair due to several advantages the PC gamers would have.
So in that regard, Wild Rift is a separate game with its own unique features. While the game’s mechanics might differ, the lore and in-game events will all be aligned.
What Wild Rift does allow, is cross-play & cross-saves between mobile and console versions of the game, like Switch, PS4, and Xbox One.
Why to use controller for League of Legends: Wild Rift?
I can tell you from personal experience that playing this game with a controller instead of on-screen controls is a whole new world. If you haven’t tried it yet I am sure you will be amazed. There are several main advantages of using a controller:
- Your view is not being blocked by your fingers. You can fully enjoy the game on the entire screen of your phone.
- If you are used to gaming on consoles it will feel very natural to you.
- With a controller your response time will be faster and more accurate
Which are the best controllers for League of Legends: Wild Rift?
GameSir X2: Great Android controller for League of Legends: Wild Rift
GameSir X2 has a similar design as Razer Kishi and is definitely one of the best controllers for League of Legends: Wild Rift. The controller extends, the phone is connected to a USB-C port and it sits nicely in the middle.
I have to admit I prefer such design of the controller for three main reasons:
- When not in use the controller takes very little space. In its retracted state it is very portable. I would say it is easier to carry around than PS or Xbox controller for example.
- The way that phone sits in the middle feels a more natural way of gaming on the phone. It is similar to old gaming consoles like Nintendo Switch or PlayStation Vita.
- The weight is better balanced in comparison to controllers where the phone is fixed above the controller itself, like PowerA Moga. With such controllers, you may feel like the weight of the phone is dragging the whole setup in a forward rotation. This will not be the case with GameSir X2.
GameSir X2 supports most of the popular cloud gaming platforms like Microsoft’s xCloud, Google’s stadia, and Vortex, etc. You will be able to enjoy your favorite cloud games in a whole new way.
As I already mentioned the controller connects to a phone via a USB-C port. This is implemented in a convenient way that allows the connector on the controller to rotate up to a 51° angle. This helps with the easier plugging and unplugging of your device.
Direct connection through USB also eliminates any lag that could appear using a Bluetooth connection.
The controller is powered through a USB port from the phone. However, you don’t need to worry as it consumes very little power. Chances are you won’t even notice a difference if you have a controller connected or disconnected.
The soft rubber back provides an excellent and comfortable grip, even if your hands are sweating.
- 【Cloud Gaming & Native Gaming】GameSir X2 is compatible with most cloud gaming platforms include Xbox/Shadow Cloud Gaming, Google Stadia, and Vortex etc. This android controller also support native games include: Fortnite, Modern Combat 5, Implosion and More.
- 【Durable Stretch Design】The stretch of mobile game controller allows you to fit a mobile phone with a maximum length of 167 mm, maximum thickness of 1 cm. The internal spring is durable and can withstand long-term expansion and countless stretches.
- 【Up to 51° Adjustable Type-C Port】GameSir X2 is different from other mobile controller, which is the adjustable Type-C plug. Its’ adjustable range is up to 51°, which allows you to plug and unplug your mobile phone at ease, and protect it from damage.
- 【Screenshot & Air Circulation】X2 has a screenshot button, Just press this button, you can keep the best game moments anytime. Between the phone and X2 have reserved a gap to ensure air circulation, so that the phone can maintain good heat dissipation.
- 【Ultra-low Power Consumption】GameSir X2 itself does not contain a battery but is powered by the phone through the Type-C port. Don’t worry about the fact that the phone has to run games and power the GameSir X2 so that the battery will drain quickly.
Last update on 2022-09-26
PowerA MOGA XP5-A Plus
PowerA MOGA XP5-A Plus is truly one of the best controllers currently available that is also compatible with Android devices. With this controller, you will finally be able to replace annoying touchscreen controls and enhance your gaming experience.
MOGA XP5-A Plus is a wireless controller that connects with your device (phone, PC, or PlayStation) via Bluetooth. So no more of that annoying cables. Additionally, it also features an integrated Power Bank, so you can charge your phone while gaming.
The controller is beautifully and ergonomically designed for maximum comfort while gaming. It also features a standard button layout, so you won’t have any problems adjusting to it. Thanks to well-placed rubber grips, you will have firm control, ensuring the best possible gaming experience.
In my opinion, this is certainly one of the best controllers for League of Legends: Wild Rift. So give it a go and see for yourself.
- Improve your mobile gameplay vs. Touchscreen on hundreds of controller-enabled games. Detachable phone clip with adjustable arm fits devices up to 79mm (3.12″) wide
- Enhance your play across Android mobile, PC and cloud gaming platforms with one Controller
- Charge your phone while you play or between sessions with integrated power bank
- Supports hundreds of popular mobile games including Minecraft, Fortnite, Stardew Valley, GRID Autosport and more. (NOTE: Does not work with games that limit controller support, for example Call of Duty Mobile or PUBG)
- NOTE: Only compatible with games that support the standard Android Bluetooth HID protocol. Touch-only games or titles that limit support to specific controllers may not work. Refer to the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for manual
Last update on 2022-10-27
Razer Kishi for iOS: Best iOS controller for League of Legends: Wild Rift
Razer Kishi is a well-designed controller for mobile gaming. It is fairly similar to Nintendo Switch, which might be helpful for some of you that are already familiar with this type of controller. It features a compact design, which makes the controller easily portable. It is suitable for iOS as well as Android, however, we need to pay attention to buy the right version.
Otherwise, Razer Kishi is an excellent piece of equipment that comfortably sits in the hand. It connects to the phone directly through USB-C port. This is a nice plus since the phone is charging while you’re gaming.
The controller features a very intuitive button display so you will quickly get used to it. Among the controls, you will find two clickable analog sticks, four AXBY buttons, navigation buttons, D-pad, triggers, and shoulder buttons.
This is for sure one of the best controllers for League of Legends: Wild Rift. It is definitely worth trying it out.
- Universal Mobile Gaming Controller: Designed to bring console-level control to your phone for gaming anywhere
- Cloud and Mobile Gaming: Compatible with leading cloud gaming services including Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, Stadia, Amazon Luna, GeForce NOW, & Steam Link; & hundreds of popular mobile games including Call of Duty Mobile (iPhone only), Fortnite, Minecraft, Genshin Impact, Brawlhalla, Asphalt 9: Legends, emulators, & many more
- Refine Your Aim and Execution: Clickable analog thumbsticks provide greater accuracy and tactile feedback, and the performance buttons and d-pad deliver precision input
- Latency-Free Gameplay: Unlike Bluetooth controllers which produce lag, the controller has zero latency by directly connecting to the device’s charging port
- USB Type C Charging Port: For pass-through charging of your phone or tablet while using the controller
Last update on 2022-09-26
Rotor Riot is the only Apple-certified controller with clickable thumbsticks (L3 R3 functionality) currently available on the market. The controller is compatible with over 1000 games, including Call of Duty, Minecraft, Asphalt 9, and many more. Therefore, I would definitely list it as one of the best controllers for League of Legends: Wild Rift.
The controller uses a wire to connect to the phone. This can be a benefit since you are not running any risks of losing the connection in the middle of the game. Additionally, it also helps you avoid latency. So there won’t experience any lag as you often do when using a Bluetooth connection.
Rotor Riot has no battery. Instead, it is powered by your iPhone via a wired connection. However, there’s no need to worry. The controller uses very little power, even less than a pair of earphones. Moreover, there’s a handy charging port to allow you to charge your iOS device while you game on the go.
- THE ONLY MFI CONTROLLER WITH L3 R3: Rotor Riot offers the ONLY mfi certified gamepad controller on the market with L3 R3 functionality, and is compatible with many of your favorite games
- LAG AND LATENCY FREE: Experience uninterrupted gameplay with no lag time or latency with our wired controller. Be able to compete in your battle royale games with agility and clear picture without skips, glitch, or blur
- CHARGE AS YOU PLAY: Our latest version offers pass through charging for unlimited gaming without draining your iphone or ipad. Forget the batteries, just plug and play
- COMPATIBLE WITH OVER 1000 GAMES: Our affiliate app, Ludu Mapp, is compatible with over 1,000 apps and games. Enjoy your favorite battle royale games like Fortnite, Call Of Duty/COD and Madden 21 with this compatible device. Our affiliate app is available on the iOS App Store for download to sync up to your game of choice
- IOS COMPATIBILITY: Our mobile gamepad connects with all lightning connected Apple devices running iOS 7 or later. Enjoy your favorite games from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod. Have an Android? Try our other Android option
Last update on 2022-10-31
Xbox Wireless Controller: Great for Android and iOS
This is the latest Xbox controller that was introduced with the Xbox Series X and Series S consoles.
It has a similar design as the previous Xbox One controller but has a slightly smaller body. This makes it more comfortable to hold for people with smaller hands and just as easy to hold if you have larger hands as the previous versions.
Additionally, the plastic housing and triggers are textured, providing a much better grip. Especially if your hands are sweating. Microsoft also introduced a new “Share” button to make sharing of screenshots and recordings easier.
A very nice feature is also a 3.5 mm audio jack that you will find at the bottom of the controller. A convenient feature to enjoy a more immersive gaming experience in case your phone lacks an audio port.
You have two choices for batteries to use in your Xbox Wireless Controller: AA (LR6) batteries, and the rechargeable battery pack of the Xbox One Play & Charge Kit. The latter is recharged via a USB-C port found at the top of the controller. Note that the rechargeable battery pack is not included with the controller and needs to be purchased separately.
Xbox Wireless and Bluetooth technology are supported for wireless gaming on consoles, Windows 10 PCs, Android and iOS phones, and tablets.
Important: This phone DOES NOT include a phone mount. You will need to purchase one separately. Luckily, they are quite cheap and you can get one HERE.
I really recommend this controller in combination with an appropriate phone mount as it is one of the best controllers for League of Legends: Wild Rift.
- Experience the modernized design of the Xbox Wireless Controller in Carbon Black, featuring sculpted surfaces and refined geometry for enhanced comfort and effortless control during gameplay with battery usage up to 40 hours.
- Stay on target with the hybrid D-pad, textured grip on the triggers, bumpers, and back-case. Plug in any compatible headset with the 3.5mm audio headset jack.
- Connect using the USB-C port for direct plug and play to console or PC. Support for AA batteries is included on the rear.
- Seamlessly capture and share content with the Share button.
- Use Xbox Wireless or Bluetooth to play across Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10/11 devices.
Last update on 2022-10-27
Choosing the best controller for League of Legends: Wild Rift is not simple. There are many options on the market to choose from. Firstly you should think about how much you are willing to spend and what kind of design and button placement would fit you best.
If you stay within my list of recommended controllers for League of Legends: Wild Rift I am sure you will be more than satisfied. Wish you happy gaming ?.